Φυλλο

Φυλλο

Παρασκευή 5 Φεβρουαρίου 2016

On overlaping territories and difficult travels

I heard the very interesting talk of Latour in
http://modesofexistence.org/how-to-visualize-overlapping-territories-3/
which set me imagining.


This search for new Commons is a big vision. I thought of the different non human entities to be represented (soil, oceans etc) but it happened that I have seen this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbjKcHPmxKQ and I thought that the presence of the non-human entities he talks about is not the presence that we get from science (models that function well) but a presence that reminds the prayer at the beginning of Laudato Si. (Why would the "scientific" ocean, the ocean of bifurcation, care about our representing him/her: we are just a hickup in scientific time.).

So that brought me in the space of the Christian tradition and I thought of unity and territories there. Who supports the unity of the world? The Holy Spirit. So that lead me to St Paul. To the dispensation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

What is the Ocean as a participant in the commons? It must be a real Ocean (hence the significance of scientists) but also  an Ocean that enters human community. It is the gift of the Ocean. The Ocean as gifted by the Holy Spirit, as worthy of respect for the gift he/she carries. A gift that we  (humans) cannot fully fathom. Because we have not, all the participants in the Commons, the same gifts.


I also thought: to define one's territory, to redefine self interest! To re-learn one-self.
Not all of us are able to muster such powers of self-definition. So defining one's territory is like a collective task, a call for new "wars of independence" out of the big pot of national histories, sciences, life visions. (did not the christian church have this character?)

But we have seen high idealism leading to this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lives_of_Others.
How can an effort like the one here in the face of pending ecological disaster  lead to a humanly appropriate  success (a tinted success, that is measured between the high and the low) and not to some well intended disaster? (Am I not contributing, with my small powers, to a disaster pushing forth religious talk, ways of talk that have lead to armed conflicts? Am I supporting some "clash of civilizations" view? But am I to be mute, self-censored? )

How can we move along the Way neither falling to the sea of the hypocricy  nor to the lake of the deafness ? Which reminded me of this picture from the time I was learning french

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου