Φυλλο

Φυλλο

Τετάρτη 23 Δεκεμβρίου 2015

Modes of existence as a paradigm shift

In the way I understand the MOE approach I take it to be an opportunity for a paradigm shift. I find as the central point in this shift the experience of Meeting-Witnessing(of a meeting)


I think that this is the way I understand the "experience of passing" ("Procedure 2: shift sideways from the object subject divide and begin to be within the world so as to feel the experience of passing.")


Now in a self-reflecting way this experience of meeting (or experience of passing?) comes in different qualities. I thought of forming a relevant categorization and then see if the categories I can find correspond to basic experiences at the heart of each mode. Perhaps there are already better categorizations in the phenomenological tradition. Also after a while (before finishing) I started trying to correlate the two ways. So it is not really two independent categorizations that are found at the end to correspond. 

A way to see it is this: Suppose I am experiencing the passing of a hiatus (I am in the presence of the passing ), what special quality does my experience have upon "self reflection"? (I feel that if I do not do so I am forced to take a 3rd person approach and then I am in the subject-object universe)

Any way this is what came out

My categorization split is four tetrades.

The first

  • flowing in "evolutionary" pleasure (I mean feeling in a flow that seems to be connected with what evolution considers our distant past: attending a biologically significant stimulus, participating in a biologically significant action). I may be winessing a similar presence of nessecity in events that are not categorized as biological but inlvovle entities that I feel primitive (this is how I make sense of "lines of force") - [REP]
  • pain-sorrow. this is a quality I did not manage to connect with a mode. It reminds me of Psalm 23 (Even though I walk through the darkest valley)- I thought of a mode called [PILG] for pilgrimage. It is the mode that houses asketic effort. Its hiatus may be acedia.
  • Grabing (control) - [ATT]
  • Traping (control) - [ORG]
The second

  • Run away. I find this connected with the opposite of [DC]. Perhaps it would be called [HIDE] in the sense of Strauss's theory of writting). [HIDE] passes the hiatus of "continuity" It brings forth hiatuses (pins holes to the fabric of experience) and institutes words of wisdom where the proper measure has to be found among conflictiong statements or Koans.
  • Compelled/summoned to do or be as ordered or assigned (the way we feel when in the army, when feeling we have to duck to survive) - [LAW]
  • Flow meaningfully - [HAB]
  • Be in search of ... (eagerly looking around) - [MOR] (it has the same listlessness)

The third

  • startled (influenced by Alva Noe - startled ambiguously trying to meet with something totaly new) - [FIC]
  • enlivened - [REL]
  • Being exposed (feeling viewed) - [NET]
  • Being out-of-contol (beside myself, posessed) - [MET]

The fourth

  • Setting up things - [TEC]
  • Offering (as when oferring a present and being attentive to the resonse. Each level of representation as carrying over a gift) - [REF]
  • Shifting (as when entering anothers' shoes or thinking of the future or of the past or of other places and situations. In the MOE book shifting is related to Fiction but here I am speaking about the self - experience of shifting, of being transposed in another key . Perhaps I should not put time here. Indeed time is a great problem. It is not just a given as in the bifurcatory view. Perhaps time is weaved out of the "present" but again present is stabilized through "memory". Somebody must have thought of this better than me) [PRE]
  • Being one of the group (participating in the emotions and motions of the group) - [POL]
I think that as a general paradigm shift, the approach of modes of experience has affinities with specific approaches in mathematics or in Physics. For example in Physics it seems to me closer with something like this
Verlinde, E. (2011). On the Origin of Gravity and the Laws of Newton. Journal of High Energy Physics2011(4), 1-27.
where entropic forces make causation feel much closer to "meeting" (or witnessing a meeting) and preserving the norms, the norms of engagement.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου