Φυλλο

Φυλλο

Τρίτη 15 Μαρτίου 2016

The bishop as a [TEC]hnologist

I was thinking the place of the bishop and the priests in the local church from the point of view of [TEC]. The church is made up of all these different lives and these different lives are all these different "materials". The local church is a project in time and the bishop and priests the [TEC]hnologists who work, so that it stands in time.
Ἐὰν γὰρ μυρίους παιδαγωγοὺς ἔχητε ἐν Χριστῷ, ἀλλ᾿ οὐ πολλοὺς πατέρας· ἐν γὰρ Χριστῷ Ἰησοῦ διὰ τοῦ εὐαγγελίου ἐγὼ ὑμᾶς ἐγέννησα. (1 Corinthians 4:15)
Perhaps this standing is manifest in the Eucharist.
In AIME, [TEC] is in a process of creating subjectivity: I act technologically and as this effort succeeds I find myself to be the author of the technology and an ingenious person. So [TEC] metamorphoses me.
But it is not this way in the church (I think). The [MET]amorphic backfire of [TEC] should not find there the person of the bishop  for "it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me".
The bishop is "εις τυπον και τόπον Χριστου" (St. Ignasius, Letter to the Magensians) which reminds me "To discover the sense is not in the first pace to seek the connection between one word and another [or one might say the connection between different orders in the church or the connection between the clerics and the lay people] , but the connection between a word, a speech act , a course of action, and what must be put in its place if the latter are going to continue to have meaning to make sense - that is, for them to continue to exist" (pg 254)

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου